Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Dish of the Day

This recipe from Scott Conant of Food Network is pretty involved, but it gets a 100% grade for migraine compliance, so I thought it would be good to share: Spaghetti with Seafood.  I'm not one to cook with a lot of squid and sea urchin, even with an awesome international farmer's market that I could walk to from my house, but you can always substitute something you prefer.  However, I urge you to experiment with mussels.  There is some cleaning, de-bearding, and sorting out the dead ones involved, but all you do to cook them is steam them in chicken stock for a few minutes (I haven't tried this, but I'm betting that even plain water works) and eat them when they open up.  There's a bit of work involved in eating them, but if you throw them on pasta, they taste great and you look like a cooking genius when you serve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment