Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Moving Target. . .

I'm sure some of my gentle readers have ready this worthy blog and said to themself, "Self, Bill certainly is eating a lot of butter and gravy.  With whole. milk and who knows what else. . . And I bet he's sneaking cheese in some of his portions.  He must be getting really fat."  Close, but not quite.  The doctor has alerted me to the fact that my cholesterol is getting a little higher than he would prefer.  I'm going to do some exercise per his instructions, but my exercise area has flooded twice, so I have been trying to work on my diet in the mean time.

First the good news: there are some easy substitutions.  The easiest is to use olive oil instead of butter for gravy.  Also, you can switch to skim milk for bechamel.  The bad news:  some recommended things are bad for the migraine patient.  Like nuts, soy, chocolate and avocado . . .

Just to make things EVEN more interesting, I am developing tendonitis from all the cutting I do with cheap knives.  The solution?  Lean ground meats - no cutting and not much fat.  And frozen pre-cut vegetables.

Stay tuned as the journey takes off in a new direction. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment